We all know that when it comes to summer we need to get a new wardrobe and be bigger, bolder and brighter than the last. I know I do! And what better way to have my daily fix on what’s hot this year by browsing my fave online fashion sites and having a scoop in the fashion mags.
Checking out what’s hot and what is currently trending, finding pieces that can go with things already have is a bonus! There’s nothing more I love than recycling my old summer clothes from last season and see if I can create a new look from it all. Experimenting with the old is always fun and you might be in for a surprise with the results! First let’s talk about the trend that never fails us and always comes back each spring/summer in a full bang bloom.
There’s nothing more girly and feminine than floral prints, whether it be on a top, skirt, pants or a dress. Flowers add elegance, colour and a touch of femininity to any outfit and currently the trend is head to toe floral if you’re daring enough. There are many gorgeous floral maxi dresses that are flowy and light, and so comfortable to wear during this time of heat! Maxi skirts are a favourite of mine too and my tip for pairing with colourful prints is to pick a colour in that print and wear it as your top or bottom. Either way neutral colours work well with almost any print.
Madame shoushou is a favourite brand of mine that has some beautiful pieces, especially the Kagu floral maxi skirt is just exquisite and better yet it’s made from 100% comfortable cotton – perfect for the summer. I would complete the look with a casual top and sandals or block heeled wedges for a sophisticated look.
Every time I am out and about I always catch someone wearing this type of look whether it is a top or dress. There’s something so lovely and pretty about showing off a woman’s shoulders and baring the collar bones. Did you guess it? The off shoulder look has taken by summer this year! If you haven’t got one of these pieces in your wardrobe that’s an off shoulder design then you need to get out there and get one now. Matching this comes easy for me because this type of clothing style has an exposed feature already, so I like to keep it conservative with a long skirt or pants to go with it. But I am in love with the off shoulder Bleached Printed Dress from Sea NY and it’s on sale at Rue Madame! Yay! This dress is simply stunning with sandals for day time, and if I wanted to take it out on the night I would slip into some nude heels and a cute cropped white jacket. This dress is everything !
Stocking up on new jewelry is a favourite hobby of mine and finding new pieces from boutique designers are always a treat! It’s like discovering hidden gems in a treasure hunt and I get excited every time. I came across the most beautiful bangle ever by Gas Bijoux.
The lilac and gold beauty is inspired by the ancient Egyptian cuts and will go perfectly with my Grecian goddess maxis for the summer. Maxi dresses are a summer hit and always on trend in soft pastel prints or light shades of blue, orange, mint and pink. The ones with double slits on the side of the skirt is my absolute must to keep me cooled at all times. Definitely my top trend that will never go out of style!
- The ABC [Actress, Bilinguist, Consultant)] at TiffanyYong.com 1/2 of #TheEpiphanyDuplet You might have seen her on your favourite Singapore TV drama, Youtube channel like Eden Ang Productions or Jim Koh Productions. She's also the award winner for the MIS 'Best Personal Brand Award 2017' Whatever the case, you can now see Tiffany right here on Honeyz Cube blog as one of our resident writers sharing all her beauty and skincare know-how with all you lucky ladies out there. Got skin, read Tiffany!
- Beauty2018.01.01Dore Review: Subcision with Skinbooster for Aesthetics Enhancement
- Beauty2016.12.15Review: BRAND’S® InnerShine® RubyCollagen Essence Drink
- Beauty2016.12.02Christmas Special: EstheClinic new Smooth & Glow IPL Body Perfection Treatment
- Beauty2016.10.01Purist’s First Sephora Makeup Haul Experience ft. Reyna Hearts Makeup Artistry